"This has been quite the most trouble free and excellent service I have had when dealing with solicitors – Thank you very much indeed"
Thank you for looking at our property services.
A remortgage is when you either renegotiate with your current lender or change the mortgage on your property to a new lender. It is important to speak to a mortgage adviser who can go through the options with you and make sure you get the right deal for what you would like to achieve.
There are many reasons you may wish to remortgage such as:
- To reduce the interest rate on your mortgage
- To fix your monthly payments and protect against possible future rate rises
- To raise money to carry out home improvements
- To raise a cash lump sum by releasing equity from your home
- Change in personal circumstances such as a marriage or divorce
- To consolidate your debts
Our approach is simple, we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by taking the stress away from you and dealing with matters on your behalf.
Good communication is key to making the remortgaging process as simple and stress-free as possible for you. Our team of highly qualified solicitors have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner, while making sure everything you need to know is explained as clearly as possible.
You will have the confidence that you are our priority, with our aim being that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process. We feel this provides reassurance and gives you an outlet for any concerns that you may have. We not only want to provide that first-class service, but value for money and no hidden fees.
We are proud to hold CQS Accreditation issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
Our Residential Conveyancing team is headed by the Partner in charge, Hatice Mustafa who is a qualified solicitor who has over 18 years' experience in conveyancing. Jonathan Throp is also a solicitor and Partner with over 33 years' experience and Natalie Goddard is an experienced Qualified Licenced Conveyancer. Natalie's work is supervised by the Partners in the department. They are supported by our dedicated team of assistants Michelle Wood, Kim Galloway, Natasha Cane and Emily Holland.
We work on a fixed fee basis, so you will know exactly how much your remortage is going to cost from the outset.
If during the transaction there are any new development which could lead to an additional cost, we will discuss the change in fees with you at the earliest opportunity and agree a way forward.
Our fees are set out as:
Our Fee for transfer of funds by telegraphic transfer (redemption of your existing mortgage)
Our Fee for transfer of funds by telegraphic transfer (balance due to you)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Land Registry Fee
Land Registry Pre Completion Search
* Local Authority Search (varies but current cost for Royal Borough of Kingston for example)
Drainage and Water Searches (varies but current cost for Thames Water for example)
Ground Sure Home Buyers Report (Environmental Searches including flood data)
* Please note that as an alternative your new lender may accept Search Indemnity Insurance which is cheaper and quicker to obtain, this typically costs £20 - £50.
We do not undertake mortgage or tax advice and we would recommend you seek advice from an independent mortgage broker or financial adviser.
We do not carry out valuations on your home, this will be conducted by your new lender.
A typical remortgage takes between 6 and 8 weeks, however it can be longer if there are any complications such as an application being rejected. The process may also take longer if you switch lenders compared with getting a new deal with your current mortgage company.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Requesting the Title Deeds and Redemption Statement
- Obtaining Official Copies of the Title
- Checking Official Copies
- Leasehold properties will require the lease to be checked and enquiries made if relevant
- Checking the mortgage offer
- Preparing for completion
- Requesting final redemption statement
- Requesting the mortgage advance