"This has been quite the most trouble free and excellent service I have had when dealing with solicitors – Thank you very much indeed"
Freehold Residential Purchase Pricing
Thank you for looking at our property services. Whether you are a first-time buyer or an investor, we are here to take the stress out of buying residential property.
We will guide you through each step of your transaction and offer a service that that fits your exact requirements. Where necessary we can recommend other professionals such as surveyors, mortgage brokers and property valuers.
At a time where money really matters, we always provide a quality service at a fair price. We will keep you up-to-date with all of the relevant information so you can make informed decisions and have complete confidence that every detail has been properly taken care of.
We have an experienced team who understand the stress involved in buying, selling or re-mortgaging your property. Our approach is simple; we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by removing confusion and uncertainty, dealing with all of the legal details of a property transaction on your behalf.
Our team is made up of highly qualified Conveyancers who have the legal and technical ‘know how’ to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner. We understand that communication is key, so will make sure we are always available to answer your questions in plain English and ensure you are kept up-to-date with everything you need to know.
You will have the confidence that you are our priority, with our aim being that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process. Potentially this may be the biggest investment of your life and we not only want to provide that first-class service, but value for money with no hidden fees.
We are proud to hold CQS Accreditation, issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
Our Residential Conveyancing team is headed by the Partner in charge, Hatice Mustafa who has over 18 years' experience in conveyancing. Jonathan Throp is also a Partner with over 33 years' experience. Robbie Jackson is our Senior Conveyancing Manager with over 25 years' experience. We are supported by our dedicated team of assistants Michelle Wood, Kim Galloway, Natasha Cane, Emily Holland and Natalie Goddard.
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis, considering clients’ feedback so we can make sure we always offer the best value for your money.
We typically work on a fixed fee basis, ensuring that you know what the fees will be for your transaction from the outset. If, during the transaction, there is a new development, we will discuss any change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
Freehold Residential Property
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the purchase of your new home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty). Each transaction is different and our fees are calculated to take this into account. We will supply you with a personalised estimate but as a guide the fees range from £895 +VAT to £2950 +VAT. In addition we charge a fee of £100 +VAT for drafting and submitting the Stamp Duty Land Tax return, a fee of £35 +VAT for arranging the transfer of monies on completion through the banking system and £10 +VAT (for each buyer) for electronic ID checks.
Local Authority Search (varies but Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames for example)
Drainage and Water Search (varies but current cost for Thames Water for example)
Ground Sure Home Buyers Report (Environmental Searches including flood data)
Chancel Indemnity Policy
Index Map Search
Land Registry Pre Completion Search
HM Land Registry fee (ranges from £60 to £125 as this is based on property price)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
These fees may be subject to change if further information relating to your property is required.
Stamp Duty Land Tax
This will depend on the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using HMRC's website.
We do not undertake tax advice.
Our fees are fixed, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest possible opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- If you discover building regulations or planning permission has not been obtained
- If crucial documents, we have previously requested from you have not been provided to us
- If the property is a new build
- If the property is less than 10 years old
- If you require to exchange within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require completion within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require simultaneous exchange and completion
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted and factors involved such as:
- Number of parties in the chain
- Whether you have a mortgage in place
- Whether you are buying a new build property
A typical transaction will take between 10-14 weeks. However, if any of the above apply, or there are other factors we need to take into consideration, it may increase the time by a further 4-6 weeks and additional charges may occur. We will discuss this with you at the earliest possible opportunity so you always have a clear picture of how long things are likely to take.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Checking finances are in place to fund the purchase and contacting the lender’s solicitors if the lender is separately represented
- Receiving and advising on contract documents
- Undertaking searches
- Obtaining further planning documentation if required
- Making any necessary enquiries of the seller’s solicitor
- Providing advice on all documents and information received
- Advising you of the mortgage offer conditions
- Finalising contracts and sending to you for signature
- Agreeing a completion date (the date of your move)
- Exchanging contracts on your instructions and notifying you that this has happened
- Ensuring all monies have been received from you and the lender
- Completing the purchase
- Completing the Stamp Duty Land Tax return and dealing with payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax on your behalf
- Completing and submitting an application for registration at the Land Registry