"We appreciate the first class service given."
Boundary Disputes & Neighbour Disputes
Boundary disputes and disputes with neighbours are often difficult to deal with – not usually because they involve large monetary value or complex issues, but because they are often fuelled by emotion and principle. Boundary issues are also often complicated by other issues, such as anti-social behaviour or privacy problems.
Given the sensitive nature of these disputes and the fact that you likely need to continue living next to the other party for the foreseeable future, it is usually better to solve these matters without the need for court proceedings where possible. An out-of-court settlement is also normally the best option to resolve matters cost-effectively and avoid spiralling legal fees.
We can offer you a dedicated and experienced lawyer who will handle your case from start to finish. They will be your point of contact whenever you have a question or want an update and we will always do our best to be available to you whenever you need us.
For an initial no obligation consultation on your rights and legal options, please call now 020 8949 9500 or request a call back.
How we can help you to resolve disputes with neighbours
Our Civil Litigation team can help to defuse the emotive issues that can get in the way of resolving a dispute, then work with you to find the most practical and pragmatic solution, so you can get back to living near each other in peace.
We can assist you in obtaining expert evidence from a RICS qualified surveyor or Party Wall expert where necessary and have a good network of experts that we can call upon. This allows us to clearly establish your legal position as a basis for working towards a solution.
Our team have strong expertise in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), which means we can normally help you avoid court proceedings, which can be costly and risk seriously escalating hostilities between you and the other party involved.
Types of boundary disputes & neighbour disputes we can assist with
We can assist with the following types of boundary and neighbour disputes:
- Boundary issues – If you have a dispute regarding ownership of land or where boundaries lie.
- Trespass or nuisance – if a neighbour is entering your land without permission or doing something which is affecting the use or enjoyment of your property.
- Party Wall disputes – if you need advice about a neighbour carrying out works to their land which may affect yours or if you are concerned about the impact of your neighbours work on your property.
- Anti-Social Behaviour – if your neighbour is disturbing you with noise, threats of violence or unpleasant behaviour which is persistent or extensive.
- Injunctions – If you want to prevent your neighbour from doing something which may affect your legal rights then we can assist you with going to Court to stop them.
Speak to our dispute resolution solicitors in New Malden, Surrey now
If you would like to speak to the team about a problem with your neighbour, you can book an initial no obligation consultation now by calling 020 8949 9500 or requesting a call back.